The Seminar Network seek a to serve as the strategic resource for Development Leadership and Operations to evaluate performance, pipeline, and the impact of strategic initiatives. The position will provide the business intelligence required by leadership to make strategic decisions.
The Seminar Network provides a platform that connects and empowers social entrepreneurs tackling the major challenges of our time. This platform unites social entrepreneurs to accomplish far more than they otherwise could. We help them transform their effectiveness, increase their efficiency and lower their costs, and dramatically scale their operations. The Development Team leads the fundraising efforts for The Seminar Network. The Director Revenue Analysis will provide financial and analytical support to the Development Team including strategic analysis, forecasting, and annual planning.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Serve as the key reporting and analytical partner to the Development team within The Seminar Network.
- Own ongoing revenue analysis by organization, seasonality, donor category, and initiative category.
- Develop and maintain dashboards with both financial as well as KPI data providing internal customers with trends and key insights used for strategic decision making and driving performance.
- Partner with development leadership and operations to find opportunities to increase revenue, improve salesforce efficiency, and scale effectively.
- Create transparency in sales pipeline and improve accuracy in collaboration with Development Ops & leadership.
- Stakeholder in workflow between multiple CRMs and through to revenue recognition.
- Advisor to account managers on compliance related issues.
- Stay on top of market trends and changes in the competitive landscape and share appropriate insights with the team.
- Coordinate with accounting to ensure accurate revenue and expense reporting.
- Provide monthly financial analysis and forecasts of development activities including revenue and expense reporting and program analysis.
- Supervise one employee
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or economics or the equivalent substantial work experience in accounting, finance, or economics.
- 10+ years of experience in finance role, preferably with experience supporting revenue operations.
- Proven track record in a financial analysis role supporting development/sales teams.
- Strong analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Power user of Excel
- Ability to build learn the business and maintain relationships with external clients, team members, and other capabilities within the organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce and Business Intelligence tools to develop dashboards
We work with: Nonprofit leaders at over 100 community-based groups. Over 700 of the country’s most effective business leaders and philanthropists. Over 1,000 professors at 350 universities. Tens of thousands of K-12 teachers. And millions of grassroots activists in 35 states. We’ve united to move toward a society where people succeed by helping others, so that everyone has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Working at The Seminar Network is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.