The Seminar Network seeks an Events Intern to join its development team. The Events Intern this spring will work within a fast-moving team to help with the planning of our annual summer seminar – an exclusive gathering that will bring together several hundred of the country’s top business and philanthropic leaders committed to advancing a society where all people can realize their potential.
The Seminar Network builds mission-driven partnerships with individuals, companies, and foundations to drive change in education, communities, business, public policy, and politics that empowers people to improve their lives. We are building a movement of principled business and philanthropic leaders who maximize the value of their contribution of time, talent, and resources to advance a free and open society.
We are looking for colleagues committed to advancing our mission with energy, commitment, and passion for what they do.
Your Responsibilities Include
• Help manage guest and speaker registration information, including arrival and departure dates, hotel room requests, bios to be shared with other attendees, and travel details
• Gather and track information related to the production of event agendas
• Acquire event materials and products
• Conduct research on possible venues for future events and best practices related to guest experience and event execution
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
• High degree of attention to detail and organization
• Ability to take initiative, collaborate, and work independently
• Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment
• Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with and commitment to the principles of a free and open society
• High degree of discretion and confidentiality
• Computer proficiency, including MS Office, Outlook, and some database experience
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
• Events experience is preferred
• Salesforce experience a plus
We work with: Nonprofit leaders at over 100 community-based groups. Over 700 of the country’s most effective business leaders and philanthropists. Over 1,000 professors at 350 universities. Tens of thousands of K-12 teachers. And millions of grassroots activists in 35 states. We’ve united to move toward a society where people succeed by helping others, so that everyone has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Working at The Seminar Network is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS