The Seminar Network is seeking an Events Associate to work within a fast-paced development team to assist with the guest experience and logistics for high-level events for some of country’s top business and philanthropic leaders, ranging in size from a dozen to 600+.
Your Responsibilities Include
• Contribute to the planning and execution of two large semi-annual events and dozens of smaller events across the country intended to identify new members and engage our current partners.
• Manage registration for events, including tracking guest and speaker RSVPs.
• Coordinate staff travel and logistics.
• Assist with on-site execution to help ensure events run smoothly and exceed guest expectations.
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills and customer focus
• Comprehensive skills in Microsoft Office
• A passion and commitment to the principles of a free and open society
• Ability to exhibit entrepreneurial behavior and a self-starter attitude
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
• Preferably one year experience working in a professional office environment, ideally with some events experience
We work with: Nonprofit leaders at over 100 community-based groups. Over 700 of the country’s most effective business leaders and philanthropists. Over 1,000 professors at 350 universities. Tens of thousands of K-12 teachers. And millions of grassroots activists in 35 states. We’ve united to move toward a society where people succeed by helping others, so that everyone has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Working at The Seminar Network is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.
Software Powered by iCIMS