The Seminar Network is seeking a Director of Research and Prospect Management to manage a dynamic team and embrace innovative technologies and processes to improve our effectiveness. This team strives to provide outstanding research support to the development teams at The Seminar Network. We are looking for an experienced leader to provide strong management and team coaching while bringing knowledge of systems and tools that will help us become a best-in-class support capability.
The Seminar Network builds mission-driven partnerships with individuals, companies, and foundations to drive change in education, communities, business, public policy, and politics that empowers people to improve their lives. We are building a movement of principled business and philanthropic leaders who maximize the value of their contribution of time, talent, and resources to advance a free and open society.We are looking for colleagues committed to advancing our mission with energy, commitment, and passion for what they do.
Working at The Seminar Network is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees. Eight Guiding Principles that encourage principled thought and action form the MBM® culture: Integrity, Stewardship & Compliance, Principled Entrepreneurship, Transformation, Knowledge, Humility, Respect, and Self-Actualization.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Build a top tier research capability that leverages best in class research tools, methodologies, and processes.
- Lead and supervise a team of researchers. Supervisory duties include but are not limited to: managing performance, developing talent, and coaching/mentoring staff.
- Identify and implement process or technology improvements to increase service quality.
- Lead development and documentation of new or existing research processes.
- Oversee production of briefing materials, background notes, and biographies of current and prospective donors.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all departments within the organization.
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 5+ years of experience in prospect or donor research
- 3+ years of supervisory experience including coaching, professional development, and performance management responsibilities
- Proficiency with CRM systems (Hubspot, Raiser’s Edge, Oracle, or other related tool)
- Experience implementing new processes, new software, and new technologies
- Proven track record of handling multiple lines of responsibility across varying projects
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment while integrating a high degree of attention to detail and organization
- Exhibits a dedication to organization’s vision
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Salesforce.com experience
We work with: Nonprofit leaders at over 100 community-based groups. Over 700 of the country’s most effective business leaders and philanthropists. Over 1,000 professors at 350 universities. Tens of thousands of K-12 teachers. And millions of grassroots activists in 35 states. We’ve united to move toward a society where people succeed by helping others, so that everyone has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Working at The Seminar Network is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.