The Seminar Network seeks an Events Intern to join its development team. The Events Intern will work within a fast-moving team to help with the planning of our annual summer seminar – a gathering that will bring together several hundred of the country’s top business and philanthropic leaders committed to advancing a free and open society.
The Seminar Network builds mission-driven partnerships with individuals, companies, and foundations to drive change in education, communities, business, public policy, and politics that empowers people to improve their lives. We are building a movement of principled business and philanthropic leaders who maximize the value of their contribution of time, talent, and resources to advance a free and open society.
We are looking for colleagues committed to advancing our mission with energy, commitment, and passion for what they do.
Working at The Seminar Network is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management® (MBM®). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM® prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees. Ten Guiding Principles that encourage principled thought and action form the MBM® culture: Integrity, Compliance, Value Creation, Principled Entrepreneurship, Customer Focus, Knowledge, Change, Humility, Respect, and Fulfillment.
• Help manage guest and speaker registration information, including arrival and departure dates, hotel room requests, and meal allergies
• Provide administrative support including booking staff and speaker travel
• Gather and track information related to the production of event agendas
• Conduct vendor research on and help acquire event materials and products, including nametags for all event guests
• Conduct research on possible venues for future events and best practices related to guest experience and event execution
• Events experience is preferred
• High degree of attention to detail and organization
• Ability to take initiative, collaborate, and work independently
• Flexibility and adaptability to a fast-paced work environment
• Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with and commitment to the principles of a free and open society
• High degree of discretion and confidentiality
• Computer proficiency, including MS Office, Outlook, and some database experience (Salesforce experience a plus)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Software Powered by iCIMS